How often have you been unsure of what to say or do when confronted with the death of a friend, relative, or acquaintance?|
Food to Die For will help in many ways. Inside you'll find...
You'll also learn...
- Over 100 great recipes for Central Virginia's favorite comfort foods, including Jane's Corn Pudding, Cheese Straws, Mur's Peas, Bookstore Punch, and Sweet Briar Cookies
- Lighthearted looks at funeral customs, old and new
- Practical advice for writing obituaries and condolence notes
The cookbook contains 180 pages of recipes, etiquette, and anecdotes. It is fully indexed and profusely illustrated with black-and-white photographs of the Old City Cemetery. We guarantee Food to Die For will be one of the most delightful and entertaining cookbooks you'll ever read!
- Useful terminology like "funeral tsar" and "dying order"
- How to make a gingerbread house
- Why thousands of people each year visit Lynchburg's public cemetery
|Jessica Bemis Ward, the compiler and author, is an experienced cook, hostess, and, most importantly, funeral-goer! Having married into a large, well-known (and aging) family over 40 years ago, she has found herself many times in the midst of funeral arrangements. She shares her ringside observations in this new book. Her wit and wisdom are bountiful, her suggestions helpful, and her taste in both food and style "to die for." She is personally autographing each copy that we sell.